Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Eating Captin Chruch and missing my collage roomates...

I just finish up my lunch... a piece of fab pizza and mass amounts of steamed vegetables. I had a little sweet tooth and remembered I had some Cap'n Crunch in the pantry that I had bought my son. So, I grabbed a little handful and....

Blaauuu...Crunchberries are so GROSS.

Apparently, I picked up the kind with crunchberries...Ahhh Crunchberries (nostalgic eye fluttering)...crunchberries always remind me of Heidi and Natalie my college roommates. Our first year we lived in the dorm together, we would go to the cafeteria and have breakfast, lunch and dinner together everyday. For breakfast, in addition to our meals, we would all share a bowl of dry Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries. I would eat the Crunch and the others would eat the Berries. We had the best time and laugh, oh my we would laugh. Oh those were the days. I miss those girls! Isn't it funny that certain things trigger memories.

Here's another weird memory maker I have... The smell of cattle trucks (I was behind one yesterday)...AHEM....The smell of Big 18 wheelers loaded down with cows make me think of my wonderful dad. He ran a dairy when I was young and he often smelled like cow poop. Somehow, I don't really mind that smell. Funny Huhh?

Have a great afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment