Friday, February 20, 2009

TIP of the WEEK: Are you a Re-Arranger?

Quote of the Day: He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I used to be a furniture re-arranger, I have kind of setteled down these days. I still move the bedrooms about once a year. In the beginning I used to get a wild hair and go to moving everything without much of a plan in mind. But, after several tries at eyeballin' it to see if something would fit, mostly it did not, I learned a lesson. Make a floor plan. I teach an Interior Design Class for high school students. They laugh when I tell them I have permanant diagrams I use to rearrage the furniture for every room in my house. If your a re-arranger READ ON>>>


On to the tip, here's how I do it:

Here's what you need:

  • pencil and scrap paper to jot measurements down on
  • a tape measure
  • graph paper
  • scissors
  • plastic page protector

Here's what to do to make your own:

  1. Measure the rooms, window and door placement and furniture or anything that takes up floor space.
  2. Use graph paper to make a scale drawing or floor plan of the room, windows and doors only.
  3. Place it in a plastic page protector.
  4. On a separate piece of graph paper draw scale drawings of the furniture to make a template. LABEL IT! Cut the templates out.
  5. Then place tape or sticky tack on the furniture templates and you can move your furniture all around on the plastic page protector without the muscle.

Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment